Sunday, March 1, 2015

Mission Sabbatical + Meniscus Surgery

We found out in July that JD would need to come home for a surgery on his meniscus. JD has had to endure so many surgeries and we were heartbroken at the news he would have to return home for another one. We just wanted to get him through his mission healthy. Even though it was a strange time for all of us, it was the biggest blessing personally for me as his sister. I had been missing him a lot and it was wonderful to be able to see him and have my family visit us in Colorado. I know the Lord knows our needs and I don't think he had surgery because I needed to see him, but I do believe that the Lord knew it would help me greatly. I loved having him home and seeing him return. It was a special and sacred time for our family. I feel like we learned and grew from the missionary experience even more because we got to spend time with JD while he was in the process of serving the Lord with all his might.

His "Fake" Homecoming


Colorado Family Time



Who gets to go on vacation in the middle of their mission? 


First Day of School for the Family and First Day Back for JD



Returning (to Washington) with Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment