Sunday, March 1, 2015

Email 78: Jennifer + Using the Scriptures


Received on September 1, 2014

Hey y'all :)
Last night, at about 10:25 we got a text message from some Sisters in Federal Way inviting me and Elder Cannon to Jennifer Wiggins baptism on September 13th!! I freaked out! Almost in tears I was so happy. Elder Cannon and I taught her a couple times and then turned her loose to the members because she wasn't quite ready to be taught. Well the members in Redondo, especially Sister Jarvis have befriended her in incredible ways and she committed herself to be baptized! What a miracle! I love it when people I love choose to make covenants. It brings so much joy. 

We had a young man in the ward talk in church on Sunday and bring two of his friends to come and listen! They stayed for all three hours and even left with their own copies of Preach My Gospel! Haha. It was so cool to see this young man bring people to Christ. It was inspiring to watch and it is exactly how the Lord intends to build His kingdom! So keep praying and inviting! It will bear fruit!
Elder Cannon and Elder Davis and I have had some incredible studies the past couple of days about "Using the Scriptures." We have been having some great experiences as we have done more to teach with the Book of Mormon and the Bible and the people we teach are learning in more powerful ways. Here are just a few scriptures that we looked up, there are plenty more, so keep on building on this chain and ponder how well you use the scriptures:
Alma 37:8-9
Hebrews 4:12
Alma 12:1
Luke 24:32
Helaman 15:6-7
D&C 84:85
There are lots and lots more! The scriptures should be a part of our lives EVERY day. They contain the answers to all things and lead us to all that is good and true. I am excited to continue to improve at learning, teaching, and helping others by using the scriptures!
Tomorrow we get to spend our preparation day with the Eaton's! Gonna have studies with them, then a meeting, then probably play some badminton or something! Yes!
I am sure loving my life a lot. I am learning so much from other missionaries, the scriptures, and God. I know the work is true! Hope you all have a great week! :) love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment